Wednesday, May 2, 2018

The Color of Love

          One place I would like to visit in South Asia is Nepal. Why? You may ask, well from this picture the beautiful mountains of the Himalayas including Mount Everest really drew me in to learn more about this country.  Not only did the breathtaking landscape persuade me to learn more but also the culture, food, and people. Dal Bhat is one of the most popular foods which consists of rice and lentil soup, YUM! Other foods include Bal-bhat-tarkari, Momo, Thukpa, and so much more. One of the most interesting festivals I found is called Teej. Teej is when most women and girls in Nepal welcome the monsoon season and wear red because red is the color of love. Even though I might never go I hope that one day I can visit Nepal.

No comments:

Post a Comment