Thursday, November 15, 2018

casssandraaaa curseeee

This Cassandra podcast made me think about a lot. If some random stranger just came up to me
and predicted something wild and crazy, would I believe them? Even after listening to the
Cassandra Curse, I still think no. The reason Cassandra was not believed rested on three points.
One, she spoke in a weird language that no one could understand, two, she asked to much
questions, and lastly, she had no formal authority. I think the last point was the main reason
she was not trusted. People tend to trust the people who have high placement, who are
educated, and have leadership.

Take Andrew Natsios for instance, he was a Washington Insider and showed signs of great
leadership, which lead to the successful persuasion of President Bush. But, also against that,
there is the Challenger Space Shuttle incident. Leading to the days of the space shuttle launch,
scientists repeatedly told NASA that they were very concerned about the safety of the O-rings.
The NASA officials dismissed the scientists and continued the launch on the decided date. Think
about it, who would you listen to, the people who actually know the work, or yourself? Usually, we
are stubborn and believe in our own opinion rather than other peoples. This then leads back to
the Cassandra Curse. Would you believe in the ones with formal authority, or the ones who
speak in riddles?

5 comments:

  1. I agree with what you said and about how I would trust the person with higher placement. I most likely wouldn't trust a person who talks in riddles and says things that are highly unlikely to happen. If you were in a situation where someone is talking in riddles about dangers that are to come, would you trust them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it was too outrageous, then I would keep it in mind but not really believe it. If someone spoke in funny riddles, then I probably would see it as satire. What if you were in a situation where there was a nuke warning on TV but it was a riddle?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how I would believe. It would depend on who was saying what. Because if I the ones who speak in riddles were saying everyone is going to die if they end up getting the flu and the formal authority peoples were saying that there had been a flu outbreak across America I would probably end up believing the formal authority.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you on why people might not trust Cassandra. I also think that people might think she's making something up because of her language she spoke in. I really agree with you on the last sentence of the first paragraph because I also think that people might trust people who seem more educated. People seem to trust others who are very educated than a person that is uneducated, but you never know.

    ReplyDelete