Thursday, March 19, 2015

Angkor Archaeological Park

      The Angkor Archaeological Park can be found in Cambodia. It is known by many, for being a very important agricultural site. The park has several large temples, one of which is about 400 sq kilometers; however if you are having a difficult time figuring out just how wide this temple actually is, you can equate it to around 258 miles, now that's a wide temple! The temples of Angkor are also seen by many as being highly symbolic, because they possess writings that represent different things within the Asian culture.
The Hindu concept, which is also known as being temple-mountain, is where the temples were built and they stand as a representation of Mount Meru. The temples in Augkor are surrounded by moats and they were built in a mountain which looks like a pyramid shape that has five towers.
My question to you is, would you like to visit the Angkor Archaeological Park and stand at the top of one of their beautiful temples?

I often struggle while writing to keep my thoughts focused.

I would like to expand upon my ability to write in sequential order,

I struggle with following directions and would like train myself to read before I write.


Image result for angkor archaeological park

3 comments:

  1. Hey Devin. I think You should read my post because we did the exact same thing. There are a couple of things I would like to add to your post though. Like that the temple was actually dedicated to the Hindu god, Vishnu. And did you know that the temple itself is 1 km square and consists of three levels surmounted by a central tower. Just wanted to let you know. But anyways you did a great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Devin, be sure to out information in your own words. This is almost word for word from this site: http://wikitravel.org/en/Angkor_Archaeological_Park

    ReplyDelete