Thursday, November 15, 2018

The Right Way To Success


In my opinion, Cassandra’s Curse taught me many lessons.
However, one lesson that stood out to me was the fact that
you can convince others by the way you behave, the types
of people you know, and the way you talk to them. At first,
I just thought that knowing what you have to tell them
would be enough, but I later found out that people are more
easily convinced by many other reasons far beyond the
words you say. For example, Cassandra was always ahead of
everyone and spoke very confusingly, so it was extremely
difficult for people to follow along with what she was
saying. However, Andrew, who managed to convince
Bush, knew many presidents, got real charts and pictures,
and was different from Cassandra overall in behavior.
So, one could never get their point across and make
people believe in them while the other could easily.
Now, how do you convince others, and does it usually work?

2 comments:

  1. Good paragraph, I liked how you made a connection from Cassandra to Andrew. It shows you need real evidence to get a point across.Yes, when you use evidence to get a point across people usually believe you since your reliable. Although people sometimes don't agree since they might have their own evidence to support their point. I mean would you believe someone who has evidence that is different then yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on most points Yenna. I like how you gave examples as to how Andrew proved his point. I also think that sometimes, when people are well connected, they may have an advantage which may contribute to how convincing they are. My question for you now is before we listened to the podcast, how did you come to the conclusion of just knowing what to tell them would be enough?

    ReplyDelete