Thursday, November 15, 2018

A Stinky Post.


Love stinky, smelly, and cold Alaskan tunnels? Then you’ll love this blog post! After listening to the person in the podcast explaining the tunnel, I wondered what would happen if I visited the tunnel and how that might affect me. If I visited the tunnel, my first reaction would be, this place stinks……...literally. The tunnel smells because of the permafrost melting. Now, for those people who don’t know what permafrost is, permafrost is frozen soil that preserves stuff. Now, that permafrost is melting which makes the stuff inside to decompose which releases carbon dioxide. In fact, the carbon dioxide released is 2x the CO2 in the atmosphere. After hearing this, my thoughts changed and I thought about global warming. Now, if we don’t change our ways, then we’ll all die. If you were presented this situation, what would you do?

1 comment:

  1. Your post isn't readable. Please change the formatting. It goes off the page

    ReplyDelete