Thursday, November 15, 2018

Alaskan Tunnel...

In the episode I learned that a "cave" in Alaska has a large amount of fungus and moss, it is releasing carbon outside the cave. The cave contains almost two times as much as the carbon that is on Earth. In the episode, they mention that "permafrost" is affecting the world, permafrost is when a frozen organic matter is starting to thaw (melt) because of the temperature change. If I could go to the cave I would see if the thawing is getting worse and if the fungus is releasing more carbon than before. Do you think that the permafrost and the carbon releasing from the cave will get worse?



1 comment:

  1. I think the amount of carbon being released could get worse if the temperature keeps constantly changing. I would probably also go to the cave to see what is going on and to also see if it seems like it is getting worse. The only thing that I would not like if I went would be the smell. I don't know. It's just the way that the people on the podcast described it.

    ReplyDelete